:::||> CONVERT SHOPPER INSIGHTS INTO CASHFLOW <|| :::

retail marketing strategy, consulting assignments, executive workshops, conferences and research services, merchandising ideas, advertising ideas, consumer behavior, shopper behavior, shopper marketing, shopper insight, retail e-commerce


Feb 10, 2010

Trust the Sign ?

Coles, Waterloo.  I think I understand what Coles are trying to achieve with this, but as always the fine print is the killer.  What constitutes 'local' for produce ? I am not sure customers trust their supermarkets enough to think they would be fair in their local fresh produce pricing.  Also, I could understand why a customer in, say, Bourke, far west NSW, would want the same price as in Sydney, which benefits from economies of scale, but do I want to effectively subsidize their transport costs ? Why would local produce be any different then ?  This raises more questions than answers.    

No comments:

Post a Comment