:::||> CONVERT SHOPPER INSIGHTS INTO CASHFLOW <|| :::

retail marketing strategy, consulting assignments, executive workshops, conferences and research services, merchandising ideas, advertising ideas, consumer behavior, shopper behavior, shopper marketing, shopper insight, retail e-commerce


Jul 26, 2009

11. Why We Buy - Learning #consumer


I learn a lot by observing my own behaviour and reflecting on why I made certain decisions.  I then use this as an hypothesis that I test out further. I recently developed an interest in RC (radio controlled) aircraft - ok, big boys' toys and all that :) - but decided I needed to buy a basic model at under $100 before I would invest 'seriously'.  Speaking to other would-be enthusiasts, in this and other areas, I discovered this 'considered learning' was quite commonplace.  Later, I realised I was applying this to other categories, even fashion, especially consumer electronics, where I perceived the purchase decision as risky: Buy something cheaper, with the aim of learning before you invest in something more substantial.   Consumers love to learn.  Do you make it easy for them to learn about your products and services ?  Does your product or service range provide them with graduated choices ?  It's simple.  Insight pays.

No comments:

Post a Comment