:::||> CONVERT SHOPPER INSIGHTS INTO CASHFLOW <|| :::

retail marketing strategy, consulting assignments, executive workshops, conferences and research services, merchandising ideas, advertising ideas, consumer behavior, shopper behavior, shopper marketing, shopper insight, retail e-commerce


Sep 15, 2009

The Great Cover-Up


Cancer Council shop, Miranda.  First let me state unequivocally that I support this important issue - we need to cover up when out in the sun.  I guess I reflected on the retail challenges they face.  The store is pretty tidy, if not a little dated in format (slat walls), but it is hard for a not for profit to fund the capital expenditure (capex) required to always look contemporary.  It is well located, in the children's section of the mall. There is naturally an emphasis on educative material and protective clothing and accessories.   

I did, however, think that the window display with kids sporting caps, sunglasses and sunstrip made them look a little spooky and, well, alien.  This is the challenge when marketing a social message: how to get your message across while not being a 'killjoy'. I did think the store  was also a little dark - richly ironic, I know! I don't know the answer, but it is an interesting marketing challenge in a retail environment.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, it's a very great blog.
    I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
    Keep doing!

    ReplyDelete