:::||> CONVERT SHOPPER INSIGHTS INTO CASHFLOW <|| :::

retail marketing strategy, consulting assignments, executive workshops, conferences and research services, merchandising ideas, advertising ideas, consumer behavior, shopper behavior, shopper marketing, shopper insight, retail e-commerce


Dec 11, 2009

A new store design that Sucks


Godfrey's Miranda.  Ok, so it's HARD to merchandise a vacuum cleaner store in a way that excites shoppers.  And the previous ones WERE really shocking.  And they ARE filled with vacuum cleaner salespeople. And 'yes' this one is a 'cleaner' design.  But somehow it still lacks imagination. I do think the new logo is a great improvement - with a clever use of the vacuum cleaner hose - I can't believe I just said that !   A tough design brief really....


3 comments:

  1. The logo is awfully like the one used by the colonoscopy clinic I once attended!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was a shell. The shop is as dull as the function that it offers to ease. But I wouldn't go as far as saying it gives me the shits. Ha.

    ReplyDelete