I am starting to research a new book on consumer loyalty marketing. It never ceases to amaze me how many so-called loyalty cards shoppers carry around - or don't as the case might be. I am interested in hearing from both shoppers and marketers over the next few weeks on what they think the myths are in loyalty marketing. Here's a taste:
- the $55,000 toaster - are you on track for one of these ?
- do points systems really work ?
- what is the shopper benefit from loyalty programs ?
- what is the retailer or marketer benefit ? does it justify the investment ?
- what is your favourite program ? why ?
- which programs are a 'rip-off' ? why ?
- what should marketers do differently ?
- do marketers take privacy issues seriously ?
and feel free to add your comments and questions below - let's get a debate going :)